Tuesday, March 14, 2006

4 Luck!


4 Luck! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

The background on this ATC has more layers than I usually paint. I wanted texture amongst the shades of green and I think I achieved that! The clover is aluminum painted green and punched out. The "4" is my favorite-rubber-stamp-of-moment number set! Can't remember where I purchased it; online somewhere.

Finally, something good happened! After numerous phone calls and jumping through hoops I was able to get my prescription yesterday without a hefty price tag attached to it! I feel like I won the lottery!

We so seldom see snow on the Monterey Peninsula that the dusting of it on the hills is enough to almost make living where it snows desirable. "Almost" being the operative word because the cold temps that we're having lately is probably the culprit of the awful pain and fibro flare-up that I can't seem to get out from under! Though, I've been in a creative frenzy that came to a halt Sunday night when I cleaned up the projects and readied ATC's and journals for mailing. Yesterday was a day full of errands, so many of them that by the time I got home I was in tears! After dinner I was too exhausted to read or sleep and of course TV had the usual unbelievably awful offerings! Nothing on HBO either! I'm not much better today so it's a good thing that the only thing on the calender is waiting for a Sears repair person to arrive. The ice-maker is on the fritz which has happened before after I've changed the water filter. There seems to always be something that requires attending.

Shucks! The hospital caught up with Stacy's billing for the meals I had during a few of her hospitalizations last year. $63 worth of them. Guess a $9 dinner isn't too bad seeing how the statement was for $48,000 and that isn't even for all of the months. Her bills run around $150,000 a year! Thank God for Ins.!!!! End Stage Renal Failure is one of the more expensive health issues . . .

--------
From Susan Cantrell's site upon receiving a rejection: "Then I took my introspection, or Mental Pause ™ if you will, a little further: I am a very private person. If I gave you my phone number it was probably for one time use, after which I want you to shred it. I revile intrusions into my inner sanctum. So imagine a celebrity and how they might feel. Also, they are entitled to bad hair days."

I pretty much feel the same way and find that most days I have a hard time with intrusions. But today when a former neighbor dropped by for a few minutes I was absolutely thrilled! She now lives in WA and lost her husband in August. She had her new friend with her and was showing him her old stomping ground. I did have a bit of prior notice that she'd be in the area and I "hinted" that Tuesday would be good day. I had the house fairly well picked up and even put on makeup! She practically always walks in with gifts and today was no exception. Stacy now has an adorable stuffed bunny for her collection and I have a turtle with a brush on his back that scraps mud off the bottom of shoes! Very cool!

No comments: