Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Eye of the Camera


Camera lenses can pick up things that I can't discern until I look at the final image; which never fails to amaze me. For instance on the top right side of the succulent two chicks are now growing out of the main plant. A nice bonus! And even though the Kangaroo Paw blossom is nearly devoid of color after a week of sitting on my desk, the digital film still thought that the red existed as it had last week and chose to capture that rather than the dull grayish color.

The background paper on the left is a paper towel mono print. While I was painting paper towels to experiment with I blotted each towel with the one above. It's always exciting to see what will happen when I remember to do this.

I heeded the weather report that I heard Sunday night and had new tires put on the car yesterday rather than wait until I felt up to sitting for hours in the lobby of the tire store! It's supposed to be in the triple digits by Friday and for once I think that the report might accurate. A pleasant 82 yesterday and today it's 98! I had visions of a tire blowing out on the a long stretch of bumpy road between the house and the dialysis clinic; the salesman concurred, "This one is ready to blow and the other three aren't too far behind." I hate the smell that new rubber gives off making the two hour wait a rough one. Vertigo started striking followed by nausea and a pounding headache; FM is fraught with interesting symptoms of which chemical sensitivity is often one of them. I decided to make an excursion to the grocery store across the parking lot. I browsed the aisles looking at items I usually pass by while rushing to get in line at the check-out counter. Purchases: matches that we've needed for the last 6 months, cheesecloth and flour sacks to paint, an "original" feather duster, two clips to hold bags of chips closed and a bag of red potatoes. Oh and a donut as my reward for getting the new tires!

For the last four months road work is in the process of being done on two of the roads we travel on and the bumps are awful. I felt pretty confident driving home yesterday with new tires underneath me. "Can't you drive another way home? You're going to ruin the new tires." Mom has a way of saying just the 'right' thing. The direct route home is 10 minutes faster.

No comments: