Monday, April 02, 2007

Six Months!


Celebrating our 6 month anniversary with a newly planted backyard!!!

When the flagstone, fill dirt, gravel and adobe soil cover were delivered on March 23rd excitement was in the air about the possibility of seeing something in the backyard besides dirt!! The stack of flagstone on the top left became the floor for the arbor and path down the side of the house. The poor fountain, top right, looked a bit bewildered on March 22 when it was delivered, but by Saturday the 31st (yep, it's in the same spot it was in the top photo!) it looked more like the feature I had hoped it would become. I've had the cement turtle for about a decade and it seems to be at home next to the rock fountain. We've planted water plants around the fountain in sealed pots and have our fingers crossed that they'll grow.

The tree, a Tipu, has lost some leaves and turned a little yellow. I had hoped I had seen the last of Home Depot for awhile but I made a trip there today for some B-1 and iron! The yard looks very raw at the moment and with the temps in the high 80's I'm constantly worried! Who needs more stress?!? Some plants have wilted quite a lot and I'm ever hopeful that they'll revive!


Tip: click on photos for a larger version.

No comments: